A government press statement dated 3rd July advised that Churches could cater for more than 50 people if the premises allowed for a capacity of greater than 50, and as long as social distancing guidelines were adhered to.
In recent days, there has been some commentary on these provisions and there has also been a number of ‘spot checks’ by the HSE in churches throughout Ireland to ensure compliance.
To that end, and to ensure everyone’s safety please note the following guidelines when attending a Mass Service:
ENTERING the Church before mass:
- People entering the church at the side entrances will be directed to the top two sections of the Church, with no more than 50 people allowed in both sections.
- People entering the church from the main entrances will be directed to the bottom two sections of the Church, with no more than 50 people allowed in both sections.
- If no room is available in the main Church sections, you will be directed to the gallery.
- When the gallery has reached full capacity no one further will be allowed to enter the Church.
During the mass service:
- There is strictly no movement of people between sections before, during or after the service.
EXITING the Church after mass:
- After Mass please exit the Church via the door you entered, ensuring social distancing at all times.
- Parishioners should not congregate outside, before or after any services.
(please read the parish guidelines on attending a mass service)