About Bellewstown Faith Community

Church of St Thérèse

The church has a detached gable-fronted cruciform-plan and was built c.1977.

It  comprises of a four-bay side with a gallery at the back. The Sacristy is located to the north-west. It features a Hexagonal bell tower with a glazed upper section and spire. Pointed arch window openings with stained glass. Pointed arch door openings with timber doors. Church yard is enclosed to east by cast-iron gates and railings and stone piers, c.1890.

Church of St Thérèse

St Thérèse’s Church is the largest structure in Bellewstown, it does not dominate the streetscape as it is set back from view.

Designed in a traditional cruciform plan, it displays many interesting features of modern architecture, such as the bell tower which is a modern interpretation of a traditional form. The internal features, such as the stained glass add artistic interest to this building. The gates and railings are reminders that this was the site of a previous church.

For information on the source of this information, Click Here

Duleek Parish